Every day is a new you.
As the Dalai Lama said “there are two days a year in which nothing can be done, yesterday and tomorrow.” Each day is a new day to be a new you so instead of focusing so much on the mistakes we have made in the past, or worry what we might do in the future to mess up again, let us just take each moment as it comes and try to do the following guidelines:
1. Do not Anger, any time we are angered we suffer, it’s that simple.
2. Do not worry; nothing ever comes from worry only the moments we are in now are lost to us.
3. Be Humble, in everything always express humility, at the very least it will confuse a lot of people
4. Be Honest in your Work, sometimes we can be our own worst critics, we should let our works speak for themselves and let them ring in honesty in our minds and in the minds of those that can see them.
5. Be Compassionate to Yourself and Others; often we forget that compassion is incomplete if it does not include ourselves.
5 things we should strive to avoid and use as a standard of living, to lift ourselves up and evolve our consciousness.
1. I undertake the training rule to abstain from killing.
2. I undertake the training rule to abstain from taking what is not given.
3. I undertake the training to avoid sexual misconduct. (Don’t worry this basically means don’t rape, sexual orientation is not a misconduct, so please don’t use my words to propagate hate.)
4. I undertake the training rule to abstain from false speech.
5. I undertake the training rule to abstain from fermented drink that causes heedlessness. (Let’s face it when we do we really aren’t facing the root of what is bothering us.)